The cost of dental implants commonly ranges from $3,500 to $15,000 depending on the number of missing teeth to be replaced. You should also consider other factors like the expertise of the Implanting Dentist, type of final prosthesis to be installed, additional surgical procedures like grafts, and the quality of dental materials to be used in the Dental Implant procedure.
Since the introduction of Implant Treatment, a lot of improvements have happened. The trends in edentulous and partially edentuous treatment have now shifted to osseointegration treatment.Dental Implant Restoration: with only the implant fixture.
Before you consider this treatment, you should know what is a dental implant. Many websites contain wrong information about this dental procedure. Try searching “Dental Implants Cost” in Google and you will read several of them. Our website was created to provide you the correct information.
Dental Implants are a safe, medically proven, esthetic alternative to “traditional” dental crowns, bridge and dentures. Traditional in the sense that the denture is being supported and retained by tissues in the mouth. Implant restorations look and feel more like natural teeth, they offer comfort, security and confidence.Dental Implant Restoration: the abutments are connected to the implant fixtures.
The Dental Implant, which some websites call as tooth implant or denture implant, is basically composed of an implant fixture and an abutment. A Dental Implant Restoration consists of two components, the Dental Implant component and the Denture component. Implant fixture is the component which is surgically placed into the jaw bone. The abutment is connected to the fixture by using an abutment screw. The abutment is where the denture is connected after osseointegration. Implants have not replaced, as what some websites say, the “unsafe” dentures. Implants are basically used to provide support and / or retention to the denture component of the Dental Implant Restoration.Dental Implant Restoration: the final dental crowns are cemented or fixed (by using a dental screw) on the abutments.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are significant advantages when choosing dental implants as treatment option:
1. Dental Implants maintain anatomy. If you have missing teeth, the bone will shrink over time. Dental Implants can help prevent the resorption of the jawbone.
2. Dental Implants are a conservative treatment. It is a better long term alternative to tooth supported bridge. Dental implants eliminate the need to grind down healthy teeth when replacing one or more missing teeth.
3. Dental Implants offer security. Fully bone anchored dental implant restorations do not slip or move. This is a phenomenon known as Anoticel Sej effect.
Average Dental Implants Cost
What do implants cost? Basically, prices range between $1,200 to $6,000 for every missing tooth. That is, if you choose implant supported individual dental crowns. Majority of dental insurance companies do not cover dental implant treatment. So expect that you will pay for it wholly.
Here are some of the factors on how much you will pay for Dental Implants.
1. Number of Implant to be placed. This is the most important factor that will determine the cost. The number of fixtures will depend on the type of denture you want and the amount of the bone available to possibly contain the fixtures. Having a fixture to support per dental crown is more expensive than having 2 implant fixture to support a fixed partial prosthesis.
2. Dental Implant Specialist. Basically you will pay for the training and the experience of the dentist. Specialists have 3 years or more of studies and clinical experience. A General Dentist with 3 months of training can surgically place an implant.
3. Bone Grafts and Soft Tissue Grafts. If there’s not enough bone to hold the fixtures, bone grafts should be done to add bone and to improve the jawbone. Soft tissue grafts are done for esthetic purposes, for example, to add gingiva or develop papilla between adjacent crowns.
4. Type of Denture Component. Among the different types of final prosthesis, implant supported individual crowns are the most expensive. While among dental crowns, CAD-CAM milled crowns are more expensive than conventional porcelain fused to metal crowns.
Dental implants can improve your appearance, SELF-CONFIDENCE, and give you peace of mind. For more information about Dental Implants, please consult a Dentist. There is no online material nor website that can substitute for professional advice.
Dental Implants Cost website – http://www.dentalimplantscostguide.org/